September 24, 20023 | No 348
Thank you for reading our newsletter.
Don’t quit when the going gets tough. Push through the challenges and find strength in your resilience. Success comes to those who persevere and never give up. Keep going, because the best is yet to come.
When exercising on a stationary bike how long should you stay at your target heart rate before bringing it down.
A: Here are a few tips for exercising on a stationary bike and monitoring your heart rate:
- Aim to stay within your target heart rate zone for at least 20-30 minutes when doing cardio exercise like cycling. This will help improve your cardiovascular fitness.
- Your target heart rate zone is typically 50-85% of your maximum heart rate. To calculate your max heart rate, subtract your age from 220. Then take 50-85% of that number to find your target zone.
- During your cycling workout, warm up for the first 5-10 minutes at an easy pace to gradually raise your heart rate. Then increase intensity to reach your target zone for 20-30 minutes.
- You can tell you’re in your target zone by taking your pulse periodically or wearing a heart rate monitor. If you go above 85% of max, back off the intensity a bit.
- Finish your workout with 5-10 minutes of easy cycling to gradually bring your heart rate back down. Don’t stop suddenly from a high intensity as that can cause dizziness.
- Cooling down is important to allow your heart rate to lower and to flush lactic acid buildup from your muscles. It helps prevent injury and soreness.
- Listen to your body and take breaks if you feel fatigued. It’s better to build up duration in your target zone over time.
If you have a question for Gilad click the button below.
DOWNLOADS AND DVDS
USE PROMO CODE
SPECIAL VIRTUAL EVENT
LIVE WORKOUTS ARE BACK!
JOIN GILAD FOR A VIRTUAL LIVE WORKOUT
THURSDAY SEPTEMBER 28TH
Gilad will teach a 45-minute full-body workout. Suitable for all fitness levels.
After the class, Gilad will be available for a chat.
The class will be recorded, and a copy will be available
for all ticket holders.
GET YOUR TICKET NOW
GILAD ON DEMAND
7- DAY FREE TRIAL
Get access to over 400 home workouts you can stream
on your TV and all mobile devices.
Never miss a workout!
After the trial you can continue for only $9.99/month.
No contract and no upsell!
NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED!
THINGS WE FIND INTERESTING
We enjoy sharing interesting findings with you and hope they pique your interest too. While we may not always endorse or agree with everything we share, we strive to provide information that can aid you in your pursuit of mental and physical wellness.
Positive experiences in close relationships are associated with better physical health, new research suggests
Here are the key takeaways
- New research suggests positive experiences in close relationships are linked to better physical health. Negative experiences are associated with worse health outcomes.
- The way people feel about their close relationships on a daily basis, including ups and downs, may impact stress levels, coping abilities, blood pressure, and heart rate.
- Participants who reported more positive experiences and fewer negative ones tended to have lower stress, better coping strategies, and lower blood pressure reactivity.
- Variability or daily fluctuations in negative experiences like relationship conflict were especially predictive of worse outcomes like higher stress and blood pressure.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has created strain and turbulence in many relationships, which may indirectly affect physical health through impacts on stress and physiology.
- More research is needed to examine causal effects and additional physiological outcomes beyond blood pressure and heart rate.
- The findings illustrate the frequent interconnections between relationship experiences and physical health, though do not prove relationships directly cause health changes.
- Brian P. Don, Amie M. Gordon, Wendy Berry Mendes. The Good, the Bad, and the Variable: Examining Stress and Blood Pressure Responses to Close Relationships. Social Psychological and Personality Science, 2023; 194855062311560 DOI: 10.1177/19485506231156018
FROM OUR GILAD SHOP
It’s getting chilly out there!
Follow Gilad on Instagram. You never know what he will post next
There us always a place to workout!
This Week’s Recipe
Cheesy Bacon Egg Muffins
Egg muffins are cheesy, puffy, low in carbs and high in protein. This bacon egg muffins recipe is the perfect make-ahead breakfast for on the go!
Cheesy Bacon Egg Muffins Breakfast – Low in carbs and high in protein, these cheesy egg cups with crispy bacon are SO GOOD and perfect for a keto breakfast on the go. Combine eggs, bacon, cheese, salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning together, divide into muffin cup a pop in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes and you get a delicious breakfast packed up with protein. Feel free to customize this egg muffins recipe to your taste for maximum flavor. Enjoy!
HOW TO MAKE EGG MUFFINS
The method for making egg muffins is simple and stays the same whatever ingredients you put in the mix: Preheat your oven to 400ºF (200ºC), Break eggs in a bowl, and beat them with salt and pepper. Add in your garnish – here we have cheese, bacon, pepper, and Italian herbs – and give a quick stir. Divide the egg mixture into greased muffin cups and bake in the oven until set, about 10 to 15 minutes depending on the size of your egg muffins.
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 lb (125g) crisp-cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 cup grated cheddar, or any cheese you like
- Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning and 1/2 teaspoon crushed chili pepper flakes (optional)
- To make the cheesy bacon egg muffins: Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 6 count muffin pan with oil or non-stick cooking spray. Set aside. In a large mixing bowl, crack in eggs and whisk together with salt and black pepper.
- Stir in cooked bacon, cheddar cheese, Italian seasoning, and red chili pepper flakes (if using). Divide evenly into muffin cups filling each about 2/3 full. Top with more bacon and cheese if you like. Bake the egg muffins in preheated oven for 12-15 minutes, or until set. Allow to cool a bit and serve your cheesy bacon egg muffins immediately, or enjoy cold, or at room temp. ❤️