November 24, 20023 | No 354
Thank you for reading our newsletter.
JOIN GILAD FOR A LIVE ZOOM WORKOUT
EVERY THURSDAY 7 PM EST.
Food for thought.
“There are no negatives in life, only challenges to overcome that will make you stronger.”
I have a really hard time staying motivated. Do you have any suggestions?
Loss of motivation can occur for various reasons, such as not seeing expected results, boredom, feeling overwhelmed by the difficulty of exercises, or simply the routine becoming stale. Here are some tips to overcome a loss of motivation in fitness:
1. Set Realistic Goals: Unrealistic goals can lead to disappointment. Set achievable targets that allow you to see progress over time.
2. Find a Workout Buddy: Exercising with a friend can increase accountability, make workouts more enjoyable, and provide social interaction.
3. Mix It Up: Keep your routine interesting by trying new exercises, changing your workout environment, or experimenting with different types of physical activity like dancing, rock climbing, or martial arts.
4. Track Your Progress: Keep a workout log or use a fitness app to track your progress. Seeing improvements, no matter how small, can boost your motivation.
5. Reward Yourself: Set up a reward system for reaching your goals. Treat yourself to something you enjoy—it doesn’t have to be big, but it should be meaningful to you.
6. Join a Class or Group: Being part of a class can introduce a social and fun element to your workouts. The scheduled times can also help with routine.
7. Hire a Personal Trainer: A trainer can provide structure, accountability, and expertise, and can customize your workouts to keep them effective and engaging.
8. Focus on the Enjoyment: Shift the focus from the outcome to the enjoyment of the activity itself. Find joy in the movement and how it makes you feel rather than just the end goal.
9. Visualize Success: Spend time visualizing your success and the benefits of your fitness routine. Imagining the positive outcomes can be a powerful motivator.
10. Incorporate Music or Audiobooks: Create a stimulating workout playlist or listen to audiobooks/podcasts to keep your mind engaged while you exercise.
11. Set a Schedule: Treat your workout times as unbreakable appointments. Having a consistent routine can help cement the habit.
12. Start Small: If you’re feeling overwhelmed, break down your workouts into smaller, more manageable chunks. Even short bouts of activity can have benefits and help build momentum.
13. Reflect on Why You Started: Revisit the reasons why you began your fitness journey. This can reignite the passion and purpose behind your workouts.
14. Adjust Expectations: Understand that progress is not always linear. Some days will be harder than others, and that’s okay. Be kind to yourself and adjust your expectations as needed.
15. Educate Yourself: Learning about the science behind fitness and the benefits of different exercises can be motivating and help you make informed choices about your routine.
Remember that motivation will ebb and flow. It’s natural to have periods where you’re less enthusiastic. The key is to push through those times with strategies that work for you and to remind yourself that persistence will pay off in the long run.
If you have a question for Gilad click the button below.
BLACK FRIDAY SALE
DOWNLOADS AND DVDS
USE PROMO CODE
SPECIAL VIRTUAL EVENT
LIVE ZOOM WORKOUTS ARE BACK!
JOIN GILAD FOR A VIRTUAL LIVE ZOOM WORKOUT
THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 30
Gilad will teach a 45-minute full-body workout. Suitable for all fitness levels.
After the class, Gilad will be available for a chat.
The class will be recorded, and a copy will be available
for all ticket holders.
GET YOUR TICKET NOW
GILAD ON DEMAND
7- DAY FREE TRIAL
Get access to over 400 home workouts you can stream
on your TV and all mobile devices.
Never miss a workout!
After the trial you can continue for only $9.99/month.
No contract and no upsell!
NO CREDIT CARD NEEDED!
THINGS WE FIND INTERESTING
We enjoy sharing interesting findings with you and hope they pique your interest too. While we may not always endorse or agree with everything we share, we strive to provide information that can aid you in your pursuit of mental and physical wellness.
Following a Mediterranean diet reduces the risk of cognitive decline in older people.
Older individuals who follow a Mediterranean diet have a reduced risk of cognitive decline, as revealed by a recent study. This diet’s adherence is associated with improved cognitive health in the aging population.
- A new study indicates that following a Mediterranean diet lowers the risk of cognitive decline in older individuals.
- The research, conducted in Europe, spanned twelve years and involved 840 participants aged over 65, with 65% of them being women.
- The study designed a dietary metabolomic index based on biomarkers obtained from participants’ serum to assess the association between the Mediterranean diet and cognitive impairment.
- Serum biomarkers such as saturated and unsaturated fatty acids, polyphenol metabolites, and other phytochemicals were used to assess individual bioavailability and adherence to the Mediterranean diet.
- Cognitive impairment was evaluated through five neuropsychological tests over twelve years.
- The results show a protective association between the Mediterranean diet score based on serum biomarkers and cognitive decline in older individuals.
- The study emphasizes the importance of using biomarkers for dietary assessment, allowing for more accurate and objective evaluation of dietary patterns.
- The research was a collaborative effort involving multiple institutions and was funded through international joint programming actions and European Regional Development Funds.
For more details, you can read the full article here
What is the Mediterranean diet?
The Mediterranean diet is a dietary pattern that is inspired by the traditional cuisines of countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea, such as Italy, Greece, and Spain.
Some key features of the Mediterranean diet include:
- High consumption of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, beans, nuts and seeds. The diet favors plant-based foods over animal foods.
- Moderate consumption of fish and seafood. This is recommended to eat about twice a week.
- Low to moderate dairy intake, mainly yogurt and cheese rather than milk.
- Low consumption of red meat and processed meats. Red meat is limited to only a few times a month.
- Use of healthy fats like olive oil and avocados instead of butter and margarine.
- Herbs and spices to flavor foods instead of salt.
- Moderate red wine consumption, normally with meals.
The diet emphasizes whole, minimally processed foods that are local and seasonal. There is no strict recipe but rather an overall balanced way of eating focused on plant-based foods, healthy fats and limited processed items.
Research shows the Mediterranean diet offers health benefits, including reducing risk of heart disease, diabetes, some cancers and cognitive decline.
FROM OUR GILAD SHOP
BLACK FRIDAY SALE
Clothing and Accessories for Gilad fans
Naturally abundant in organic nitrates, beetroot (Beta Vulgaris) can promote nitric oxide generation, lower blood pressure, increase oxygen delivery to active muscles, and improve athletic performance.
Beetroots contain high levels of antioxidant polyphenols, vitamins, and minerals. Beetroots are also rich in folate (vitamin B9), which is responsible for growth, development, and heart health.
Ingredients: Organic Beetroot Powder (beta vulgaris), Cellulose (Vegetable Capsule), Microcrystalline Cellulose, Magnesium Stearate.
Manufacturer Country: USA
Product Amount: 60 caps
5-HTP occurs naturally in the body. Typically, people produce enough for regular functioning, but some require supplementation. 5-HTP dietary supplements aid in increasing serotonin levels in the brain, significantly affecting mood and behavior.
Because serotonin regulates mood and behavior, 5-HTP may improve:
– Pain sensitivity
Since 5-HTP is naturally present in the body, supplementing with it is a clean, holistic way to increase serotonin levels.
Ingredients: Calcium (as Calcium Carbonate), 5-Hydroxytryptophan (from Griffo via simplicifolia seed extract), Gelatin (capsule), Magnesium Stearate.
Manufacturer Country: USA
Product Amount: 60 caps